Y5T/D are learning about the game of Netball. We have looked at the fundamental skill of balancing and next week we plan to look at the skill of catching. Revising these fundamental skills will undoubtedly help us improve our game.
Abbie and Julia have listed some of the rules we need to remember when playing the game of netball.
Rules of Netball
1. You cannot travel with the ball.
2. There are only 7 players on court from each team at all times unless a player has been sent off by the referee.
3. You cannot snatch or hit the ball out of a player's hands and this is called a contact.
4. Players cannot hold the ball for more than 3 seconds.
5. Players are not allowed to move into the areas that they are not designated to.
6. They have 3 seconds to stand outside of the court at the line where it went out and pass the ball.