Today in class we had super fun learning about how to save water!
We learnt how we are responsible for looking after our environment and that our choices have an impact! When we discussed about Saving Water we linked it to our prior knowledge we gained from the visit from Northern Ireland water and our research of their website in Cranrual!
Our classroom was FULL of active and enthusiastic learners!
Look at some of the workstations we completed after watching a video clip from Northern Ireland water.
- We were emplyed by NI Water to create an A-Z list of water saving tips!
- Problem solving task - like the WaterAid video we watched some time ago when we completed our ACTS lesson, we had to imagine we had a limited resource of water. How would we choose to use 50L? This scenario helped us to differentiate between needs and wants.
- Photographs - we were editors! We had to consider captions to put underneath the photos and appreciate they would create different responses!
- Label the house! Provide statistics how we could save water in different rooms of the house.
- Teeth brushing experiment! One member of our group washed their teeth for 2 minutes just using a beaker of water. The child then washed them again using a running tap - we measured in LITRES how much water we had wasted!!
LET US BE RESPONSIBLE CITIZENS AND REALLY THINK ABOUT HOW WE USE WATER!!